Home Bollywood Gola GreenCity Gola Cinema Gola Political News Hollywood Gola
Custom Search
Google

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Bollywood Special News

The stunning Shilpa Shetty

Dharmendra, Shilpa promote Apne at IIFA

Shilpa Shetty seems to be the draw of the ongoing International Indian Film Academy Awards (IIFA), in Yorkshire, UK.

She may not have tasted much success at home -- her most recent film Life In A... Metro has not fared very well -- but her Big Brother success in UK has her contemplating buying a house there.

Presently, Shilpa is promoting her upcoming film Apne, which will release on June 29.
































'Awarapan will end the kissing image'

Given his penchant for kissing onscreen, the 'serial kisser' title seems pretty apt for Emraan Hashmi.

But now, the actor wants a new image and Awarapan may just do the trick.

"I got really sick of the kind of roles I was doing and wanted to broaden my horizons," he explain.

A Bhatt protege, Emraan makes no bones about the fact that they (Mahesh and Mukesh Bhatt) have been instrumental in his career growth.

The proverbial 'smooch king' of Bollywood gets candid with Swati R Chaudhary.

Tell us about your character in Awarapan.

It's about a man running away from the demons of his past when he realises that those memories actually define him as a person. A hardened criminal, he finds something worth living and dying for.

Tell us something about the 100 Buddhist monks and 700 pigeons.

We shot in Hong Kong and had to capture the realistic scenario of the place. So in order to build up the atmosphere in the monastery, we incorporated the monks and pigeons.

Apparently, you're not lip-locking in this film?

Yes, I'm not kissing any of my costars in this film. I was fed up of what I was doing onscreen and needed a change. Awarapan is a welcome change. This film has completely repackaged and re-launched me in a different light.

Did you consciously revamp your image in Awarapan?

Definitely!

How hard did you work for your new look?

The most challenging part was that I had to portray a certain amount of guilt and pain without wording them. I don't get to speak much at the film's start. The intensity had to be portrayed through the eyes and mannerisms.

This was very difficult because it's easier vocalising than subtly expressing or conveying something trapped inside. I took it up as a challenge and it has turned out pretty well. I also trained in kickboxing and grew out my hair.

Yes! This couple came up to me and said that their children liked my films but they didn't really get to watch them. Probably, every film of mine is 'A' rated and that's when I realised that there was a segment of the audience who liked me and wanted to watch my films, but unfortunately couldn't, because of the kind of films I was doing.

You have this phenomenal luck with music in all your films!

This has been going on for quite some time now. I attribute it to luck and God. Moreover, it's because we've always experimented with new artistes; the credit goes to them.

What about reports of Himesh Reshammiya aping your style?

No, that is all hogwash. It's not true at all. In fact, he is a good friend. We've done a couple of films together where he's given some great music. Everyone has their own individualistic style and he is no different. Have you ever seen me wearing a cap?

Rumours have it that Bipasha Basu wasn't too keen on working with you because of your height. Were you offended?

I had heard something like that but these petty issues don't offend me. (Laughs) And I guess I've grown taller in two years.

Now you will work with her in Raaz-2?

Yes. I have no issues whatsoever. I don't choose my costars. The script has to excite me, thats it. I don't care who my costar is, that does not figure on my priority list.

Tell us something about Raaz-2.

Raaz-2 is quite surreal because Raaz was the first film where I worked as an assistant director to Vikram Bhatt. Now after three years, I'm doing its sequel. It's a horror theme interspersed with a love story. The concept is pretty much the same as Raaz.

Are you still in talks with UTV? How did the deal happen?

UTV approached me with this three-film deal. We are still in talks and I am contemplating their offer.

What do you have to say about your association with Vishesh Films?

I am grateful to Vishesh Films for bringing me in the industry. They have been very supportive. Bhattsaab is more than just a director or writer. He's my relative, someone I look up to for advice and counselling. He's given me some of the best roles of my career.

Vishesh Films is special and with Awarapan, we've just strengthened this association. I am indebted to Mahesh and Mukesh Bhatt.

What's with Shiney Ahuja and Kangana Ranaut? Rumour mills have it that the three of you did not gel well on the sets of Gangster?

Shiney and I never really interacted because we didn't share that much screen presence. As for Kangana, we had a whale of a time shooting for Gangster and we are still good friends. I will willingly do another film with them, provided a great script comes along.

You performed for the first time in Yorkshire this month.

Yes. I was very nervous but excited at the same time. IIFA was a great platform for me to showcase my film, Awarapan.

No comments:

 
Google Custom Search