Home Bollywood Gola GreenCity Gola Cinema Gola Political News Hollywood Gola
Custom Search
Google

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Spotlight: Aamir Khan says he is farmer

Mumbai: After Bollywood icon Amitabh Bachchan, it is the turn of another actor Aamir Khan to face a probe for purchasing farmland, even as he denied any irregularities and claimed to be a farmer.

Queried about Aamir's purchase of a piece of agricultural land in Pune, Maharashtra Revenue Minister Narayan rane told reporters that the district collector "will probe into the matter" though he said he did not have any "specific information" if the actor had violated rules.

The actor soon clarified that he had committed no forgery in purchasing the land meant for those classified as farmers.

"I have done no forgery. I should be pulled up if there are any irregularities and I would be happy if the authorities check my papers," Aamir told CNN-IBN.

"I am a farmer by birth, my father was an agriculturist, my grandfather was an agriculturist," said the actor, who portrayed the role of a farmer fighting land tax imposed by the British rulers in his Oscar-nominated "Lagaan".

"I have followed all due procedures in purchasing the land," he said.

Bachchan too is facing a probe for purchasing farmland in the same district.

Aamir, however, refused to comment on any similarity between the two cases.

No comments:

 
Google Custom Search