Home Bollywood Gola GreenCity Gola Cinema Gola Political News Hollywood Gola
Custom Search
Google

Monday, October 1, 2007

Talk: Sekhar Kammula Will Be Shyam Benegal Of Tollywood

The image “http://www.greatandhra.com/newsimages/shekarkammula1191212125.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Sekhar Kammula gave shrewd answers for many of the questions asked by people on phone in a live show. He is very pragmatic, sane and shrewd in giving answers and talked like a creative thinker with self conviction. He made 'Happy Days' that's already doing very good in USA and releasing in India tomorrow.

For a question, he answered, "The Telugu audiences are transforming from relishing the mass masala formula films to multiplex films with more rational thought. The change has come in Hindi. It has also come in Tamil. And now it is going to come in Telugu. There will be more experiments down the line in Telugu".

For another query, he replied, "My audience is 15 lakhs. I know making films only for them. I never make films to target audience. If I feel that a story can be made a film, I do that. I get 10 thoughts in a day and discard 9 and think about only one. If I get conviction that can be made a film, I start writing. Once the script comes out, I make a film. My 15 lakh audience never gets disappointed with my product. And they are increasing in number as well. Right now, a big hero's film may have 60 lakh audiences".

"A journalist asked me how much I took from the 8 boys and girls acted in 'Happy Days' for giving them debut. There no such deal here. I only paid them all. I used them for my selfishness as I felt that they fit into my roles. When I use for my selfishness, I have to pay them. That's all", he shared.

Listening to all this, the people are passing on these comments on Sekhar Kammula:

"He is very balanced and clear in thought. He believes in what he is doing. Surprisingly he is coming out with success all the time. There is saying that nothing convinces others other than the conviction in oneself. He has that conviction in his film making", said Vasant Kumar, a software professional.

"He will be the Shyam Benegal of Tollywood, that too in commercial front. He is the director in this new era that made a unique mark for him. Even though a very big actor acts in his film, it will be called only 'Sekhar Kammula's film' but will not go with the name of the hero. That's his caliber", shared Anita, an MBA student.

The other viewer said, "He made Anand with to project emotions, he made Godavari to show the scenic beauty and he made Happy Days for nostalgia. He has a change of thought in his every attempt. He will be only successful only if he comes out with new genre every time. It will be good if he tries with suspense, horror, comedy and others within his own style".

The film 'Happy Days' has got hit talk in USA. We have to see how it runs in AP releasing tomorrow.

No comments:

 
Google Custom Search