Home Bollywood Gola GreenCity Gola Cinema Gola Political News Hollywood Gola
Custom Search
Google

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

'I don't consider myself lucky at all' : Katrina

Her sense of style impressed more than her acting in her last film, Namastey London opposite Akshay Kumar.


But life has been good for pretty model-turned-actress Katrina Kaif. She has acted with some of the big names in Bollywood. And being Salman's Khan's sweetheart doesn't hurt, either.

This Friday, Katrina will feature in Apne, as Bobby Deol's love. The film also stars Dharmendra, Sunny Deol and Shilpa Shetty.

The actress chats with Narendra Singh about Apne and more.

It's been three years since your first release, Boom. Do you think you have grown as an actor?

I can't answer that question so confidently. I am not sure if I have become a good actor. Being a heroine, not all films can be about you. But what has happened is that I seem to get different kind of roles these days.

In Apne, I have handled a family drama for the first time. And in my next film, Partner, I have tried comedy. So yes, I have a variety of roles.

You have worked with directors like Ram Gopal Varma, Vipul Shah and David Dhawan.
Do you consider yourself lucky?

Lucky? (Pauses) No, I don't consider myself lucky at all. I might have been destined to be a Bollywood actor, a film star. But there's no luck involved as far as my work goes. I have worked very, very hard for my films.

I make it a point to do acting workshops and voice trainings before starting a shoot and that has really worked in my favour. My directors, of course, have been helpful and patient.

In fact, Vipul Shah holds a special place for me. I got appreciated for my work in Namastey London. And I owe it to Vipul, who scripted my role so well.

Tell us more about Apne.

Well, Apne is probably the sweetest family film that I have ever acted in. I play a doctor who falls in love with Bobby Deol while treating him for his boxing-related injury.

I have to be honest about this. I wasn't convinced myself whether the internal troubles of one family would actually interest a viewer. But strangely enough, when I watched the film while dubbing, there were scenes where I had tears in my eyes!

The effortless chemistry between Dharamji, Sunny and Bobby is something you have to watch out for.

Since we are on the subject of family, do you miss yours?

Not really. My mother and sister live in Chennai. Theirs is a quiet, non-filmi life and I catch up with them over weekends. As for Mumbai, I have so many friends here -- the entire industry feels like family!
is Salman like family too?

But you did turn painter, didn't you?

(Laughs) That is just a one off thing for a friend! Actually, I wanted to thank Vipul for all that he did for me while shooting for Namastey London. So I tried my hand at an oil painting, which I must say, takes a lot of time. Then I sent it to Vipul to check if he liked it. He loved it, and promised to hang it in his office. So that's the only painting I have done so far! It's not a hobby. And everyone is painting these days, aren't they?

You are always so well turned out. Some say, you look better than Aishwarya Rai!

Better than Ash? Now that has to be a first. I haven't heard that one before. Actually, I work out regularly and watch my diet. And I dress up well always.

I firmly believe that when you have fans and people watching out for you, you better not look frumpy in jeans! Looking nice and dressing smart makes Indian award functions look more international as well.

Tell us about Partner.

Partner is a total laugh riot. It's not slapstick; it's just a very funny film. I am looking forward to it because of Govinda and Salman's fabulous comedy! It's more about them than me.

Do you really think Govinda is a tall actor?

He is tall, yaar. Govinda is taller than a lot of average Bollywood actors! It's just that he doesn't dress up, and is a simple guy. I also think that he is a taller human being than most Bollywood stars. I like him.

No comments:

 
Google Custom Search