Home Bollywood Gola GreenCity Gola Cinema Gola Political News Hollywood Gola
Custom Search
Google

Monday, August 6, 2007

Screen Talk: Sai Kumar's Past Is Miserable

The image “http://www.greatandhra.com/newsimages/saikumar1186386529.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Dialogue King Sai Kumar shared his past and that shakes the hearts of many with miserable feelings.
When asked about his entry into film industry he started saying, "My father PJ Sharma was a drama artiste in Vijayanagaram. Many encouraged him to try for films and go to Madras. With many hopes he came to Madras. He loved another actress and married her. She is my mother Krishna Jyothy. Theirs is an inter caste marriage.
But as assumed, my father did not get considerable roles. Even though some gave, there was no guarantee that they would keep the scene in film without editing till the release of the film. Whenever my father used to go to watch preview shows, the people used to say, 'Sharma garu! Velli venakala seetlo koorchuntaara? Seatlu levaa? Ponee tharvatha choodduru lendi". I used to feel very bad and pity for my father. With a lot of insecurity feeling my father switched over to dubbing. He used to get livelihood with that. But once there was a movement that dubbing films were stopped. Then my father got no job at all. My parents sat with hunger to feed us. All those memories still haunt me. I played the role of Duryodhana on stage and got many acclaims. Many told my father that I would become a good actor. Even my father wanted to see me as good actor. But time didn't come in favor very soon. It took time. I continued as dubbing artiste and brought star status for that department. I got the opportunity to lend my voice for senior heroes like Suman, Rajni Kanth and Suman. Slowly I acted in Chiranjeevi gari 'Challenge'. Then there was a gap again. After a very long time with my contacts with Thriller Manju I could become a hero on Kannada screen. Tamil hero Sivaji Ganesan was my role model. I took him as inspiration and acted in 'Police Story'. The film is a history. That made thumping collections. I acted in about 100 films in Telugu, Tamil and Kannada as hero. But when I made 'Eeshwar Alla', that kicked me into losses. I lost my mother last year. She wished to continue my dubbing for Raja Sekhar. He treats Sai Kumar also as his son. That is the reason I gave my voice for Raja Sekhar again in 'Yevadaithey Nakenti'.
That's the nostalgia shared by Sai Kumar.

No comments:

 
Google Custom Search