Home Bollywood Gola GreenCity Gola Cinema Gola Political News Hollywood Gola
Custom Search
Google

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Abhishek: House look dull when Ash’s out!

Bachchan Jr finally breaks his silence on his marriage to ‘best friend’ Aishwarya Rai and the aftermath

How does it feel to be married?
Nothing has changed drastically. But it’s a wonderful feeling to be married to one’s best friend

We thought your dad was your best friend?
Can’t I have two best friends? I’m a very friendly person.

Is it possible to be best friends with your wife?
I don’t know about others. But I am. I guess I’m lucky.

Okay now about your wedding…it was easily the most talked-about event…

Was it? I was so much in the thick of the wedding and its preparations that I wasn’t really paying any attention to what was happening outside. Admittedly, the whole process of getting married and the rituals were unique to me. I couldn’t be looking at what was happening in the big wide world. I was with my family. We were part of something that was very private, precious and personal.

But you couldn’t be impervious to the constant attention that the wedding attracted across the world?
I was! I got to know about it only after the wedding. Obviously we knew my wedding would attract some amount of attention. But this? We aren’t that important.

Some of your close friends thought there was no need for so much secrecy about your marriage?

I don’t think we were being secretive. We were just keeping my wedding private. I think we had the right to do that. People seem to forget my family decided to keep my wedding a small affair because I’ve an ailing grandmother in the hospital.

Would I’ve called everyone if I could? Of course! Why wouldn’t I want all my friends present at one of the happiest moments of my life? There are lots of people in the industry whom I owe a lot to. And I’d have wanted them all to be there for us. Even without being present physically they showered their blessings on us. I can’t complain. If some people think our conduct wasn’t good enough I’m very sorry, there’s nothing I can do about it.

The past months have been a whirlwind for you…
I look back very fondly on the entire experience.

How does it feel to have Ash at home?
Aishwarya is a new and very important member of the family. And she fits in wonderfully. It’s so wonderful just to have her around the house. The house starts glowing when she’s around and things look dull when she’s out. My parents are just so happy to have another daughter in the house.

No comments:

 
Google Custom Search