Home Bollywood Gola GreenCity Gola Cinema Gola Political News Hollywood Gola
Custom Search
Google

Thursday, July 19, 2007

'I prefer to be funny only when I get paid'

He is one actor who is terrific in comedy as well as action.
And Akshay Kumar is getting ready to give us something more to laugh about in his latest comedy Heyy Babyy along with costars Fardeen Khan, Ritesh Deshmukh, Vidya Balan, and the all important 'baby', of course.
Here's Akki's take on his new film.

Was it fun shooting for Heyy Babyy?
You can't imagine what it was like to shoot this film! From the time we started shooting in the morning till the end of the day, we would crack jokes. There was a lot of mime, and Sajid (Khan, director), as always, is entertaining. All this is reflected in the film.

So is Heyy Babyy a pure comedy?
No, you can't characterise the film as a comedy only. It has its share of emotional moments.
We start off with three confused men trying to grow up. With the entry of the baby, the tale gets emotional and the emotions build up slowly as the film progresses.

So we heard that you played a prank on Vidya Balan?
(Smiles) Yes, I did. But that was one of the many pranks I pulled. I pretended to be a radio jockey with some random radio station in Sydney called Radio Harmony. Then I pretended to interview her for 20 minutes!
In between shots, she kept talking to me! When she found out, she claimed that she knew it was me all along! We had a field day pulling her leg! She was a good sport.
So how come we never get to see your brilliant sense of humour during press meets?
You see, I don't write those funny lines that make me look and sound so funny in movies. The credit goes to my writers. Also, I prefer to be funny only when I get paid for it! Interviews don't pay me, do they?
In Heyy Babyy, you have worked with a little kid. Since you are a doting father, did you connect to the film?
When I heard the script of Heyy Babby, I immediately said yes. The film portrays the little girl as someone towards whom I develop paternal feelings.
That's exactly how my relationship with Aarav was growing to be at that stage. So I decided to do the film. Now before its release I have been telling my son that, 'please beta, watch this film as it is something I have done for you.'

Besides, Heyy Babyy, you also have a tremendous line up of films coming up, right?
Yes, I have been very fortunate. From a comedy, to a negative role, to a typical action hero, I have been lucky that I have gotten a chance to play all kinds of roles.
My directors have showed tremendous faith in me. There's Welcome, which is again a comedy packed with thrills. Then there's Priyadarshan's Bhool Bhulaiya with Vidya Balan, and Yash Raj'sTashan. I can't reveal much about these films at this stage, but yes, each film is proving to be exciting.

So is the new look for Tashan?
Yes. I have to stay like this for the film. Also, Tashan is extra special. It's an action packed film in the truest sense of the word.
It's been a long time since you have been linked to any co-star...
Lots of people have said all sorts of things about me from actresses, newspapers to magazines. I have always had my share of link ups so much so that I have stopped reacting. I have my home, and my family. As long as we are together, nothing else matters.

No comments:

 
Google Custom Search